- University of Utah - Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology; minor in Social Work
- University of Utah - Certification program in Alcohol and Drug Counseling.
- University of Northern Iowa - Master of Arts degree in Mental Health Counseling
Lisa has worked in the mental health field for the past 25 years. Prior to opening her private practice in 2008, she gained a wide array of mental health experience through various professional positions:
- Crisis worker at SLC Rape Crisis Center
- Case-manager for individuals with chronic mental illness
- Program Director Women's Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Substance Abuse Counselor Supervisor
- Mental Health Counselor for Community Mental Health Center
- Counseling Supervisor at Residential Treatment program for Individuals with chronic mental illness
- K-12 School Counselor
Lisa was partially raised in the Appalachian Mountains of Tennessee, where she learned to appreciate a rich culture of hard work, music, storytelling, and exploring nature. In later years she lived in Michigan, California, Utah, Iowa, and now Oregon. Today, Lisa is happily married, the mother of three adult children, and a grandmother. She enjoys spending her spare time gardening, playing with her dogs, engaging in artistic activities, reading, and enjoying nature.